My Ultimate Reset Cleanse: The Verdict Is In!
by Rochelle Griffin
It has been almost a week following the end of my Ultimate Reset cleanse. I definitely needed some time to reflect on the entire journey before I could write my thoughts and give you a true overview of what I experienced.
Let’s begin with where I started just prior to the cleanse…I had recently finished 2 back-to-back vacations and had gained 7 lbs. In truth, my desire to complete the cleanse came completely from a vanity standpoint: I wanted to lose the weight and fit comfortably back into my jeans. I also wanted to experience it for myself so I could better help others going through it. Not being a major vegetable person, I wasn’t too excited about the foods but was willing to follow directions for 21-days.
Because I was part of an Ultimate Reset test group, I had to have beginning lab work completed. My first week began…I found the food to be really good surprisingly. I was going through caffeine withdrawal and wasn’t the most pleasant person to be around, but the moodiness and headaches only lasted a few days. I spent the rest of the week in a mental fog.
In the middle of the first week, I had my pre-lab results emailed to me. Ummmmmm…I had HIGH CHOLESTEROL!!!!!!! My total cholesterol was 234 to be exact. Wait a minute…yea, I gained 7 lbs over vacations, but I’m was a healthy girl. I was a healthy weight, my body fat (at least prior to vacation) was 18%, I worked out 6 days per week including both weights and cardio, I ate well so I thought. HOW could my cholesterol be high???
Yes, genetics can absolutely have an effect on one’s cholesterol level, but I was still in shock. It has only been a little over a year since we suddenly lost my step-dad to a massive heart attack. He was obese, had Type 2 diabetes, cardiac issues, and yes, high cholesterol. I’m a mom of a 10-year old…a wife of almost 21 years…my men NEED me to be around.
Suddenly Ultimate Reset took on a whole new meaning for me. This was about my HEALTH, not my LOOKS.
Week 2 I started to have the fog lift as I took on a more vegan lifestyle. I did have some crazy, detoxifying dreams and realized that the cleanse was an emotional journey as well as a physical one.
Week 3 I started to go a bit stir-crazy. I began to resent the cleanse and wanted to make my own food choices. I felt hungry and had to add in more food. Because the cleanse isn’t a starvation diet, I wasn’t cheating by doing so. I simply stuck to the allowed foods…fruits, veggies, the optional grains, and chia seeds. I have to be honest, I was really happy when Day 21 arrived. I felt like I had received a “get out of jail” card. Some people choose to the stop the cleanse before the end, but it wasn’t even an option in my mind. I had to have the post-cleanse lab work done. I had to see if it affected my cholesterol the way that it had affected others.
SO now THE VERDICT:
|Rochelle’s Ultimate Reset||Pre-Results||Post-Results||Change in 21 Days|
|Right/Left Thigh||18.5/19||18/18.5||-.5/-.5 in|
|Right/Left Arm||11/11||10.5/10.5||-.5/-.5 in|
|Total Cholesterol||234 (high)||171 (normal)||-63|
HDL (good cholesterol)
Higher than 59 is good
|LDL (bad cholesterol)||126 (high)||99 (normal)||-27|
In 21-Days, I lost 9 lbs and 8.5 in!
Well I AM pleased with the changes in my pictures, my weight, and my measurements. I mean I lost ALL the post-vacation weight and then some…but remember, this cleanse became more about my health than my vanity. LOOK AT MY CHOLESTEROL!!!!! As a RN, I am FLOORED! SPEECHLESS! IN AWE! In 21-days, I went from HIGH cholesterol to NORMAL cholesterol! THAT makes Ultimate Reset worth its weight in gold!
What I’ve committed to Post-Cleanse:
- I will remain coffee/caffeine-free. I have fallen in love with Dandy’s Blend as a substitute.
- I will have at least 4 meat-less days each week. I bought a vegan cookbook and look forward to trying new recipes. I’ve discovered a new love for veggies!
- I will do the cleanse at least twice a year. I will definitely do the cleanse at the beginning of each New Year. It’s a perfect way to start a year after a holiday season of over-indulgence.
- I will not over-train my body.
- Use paper plates. Trust me. I’ve never washed so many dishes in my life.
- Definitely have VEGAN Tropical Shakeology on hand. It saved my butt a few times when I was out and needed to eat. If I wouldn’t have had it, I don’t know that I would have been able to stay on the cleanse.
- Do the cleanse when you won’t be traveling.
- Start the cleanse on Wednesday as suggested in the guide…especially if you work outside the home. Days 3-5 really can be the hardest and you want to be at home for them.
- If you and your spouse/significant other are doing the cleanse together, really look through the recipes and shopping list to see the amounts of what you’ll need. For the first 2 weeks, I simply doubled the shopping list and as a result, we STILL have beets in the fridge.
- Although it’s not on the list, pick up some chia and/or hemp seed to snack on.
- Commit to completing the ENTIRE 21 days.
- Be part of a support group or in touch with your coach if he/she has completed the cleanse. The support is critical.
In short, the question remains on whether or not I’d recommend that someone do Ultimate Reset. The easy answer is YES. The changes that I’ve seen in my body have been amazing. Even if you don’t have your lab work done, there will still be changes in your body, in your health. You will learn new ways to eat and get rid of some unhealthy habits. Don’t hesitate. Go for it!
A Toast to Your Health,
Rochelle Griffin is Registered Nurse with over 20 years experience who has transitioned her love for fitness, health, & freedom into a 6-figure company that now helps others live the life of their dreams.
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please SHARE it below!